- My solution accesses web services and they are fairly slow
- Overall site usage is very high
- Simple web requests takes too long to get their responses
One of the simplest design technique is to design asynchronous pages which access third party web services. ASP.NET 2.0 has built in support for implementing Async web pages. You simply have to :
1) Add <%@ Page Async="true" directive in your page
2) Register "Begin event handler" and "End event handler" delegates using AddOnPreRenderCompleteAsync method
Call your web service in Begin event handler and process the web service response in End event handler. Read this for in-depth understanding.